I had been a Blood Donor for quiet a time now. Having a Blood Type of AB+, it was my initial reaction to save one for my future use, knowing blood type AB is kind of harder to find. I thought it would be easy for me to withdraw a bag of blood if I have saved one for myself. But later, I’ve realized, the more I saved one for myself, the more people I’ve helped, and the more healthier I became. The blood I saved few years back which I thought will be used solely to save me, has also saved many lives! It is for this reason, that I had been active in the promotion of Blood Donation.
JOHN PAUL II COLLEGE OF DAVAO, as a christian community, was extremely grateful to be of help to others that it has funded the 2nd BLOOD DONATION activity last October 11, 2012, spearheaded by the RED CROSS YOUTH COUNCIL of JPIICD. The said activity, which was done annually during the Foundation Anniversary of the institution, has earned huge support and has bled 30 willing donors composed of Students, Faculty and Staffs.
It is my earnest desire, together with the John Paul II College of Davao, to continue to do good to others. For it is written, “Let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all, especially to those who are of the household of faith”. — Galatians 6:9-10.
Everybody had a great time with family and friends during the Christmas season, can’t complain enough after the family reunions, dining out with friends, partying, and etc. Kids spent their holiday with cousins and friends, partying, swimming, running around, computer games at Timezone, etc. They might as well ask you to allow them to be absent from their classes on the first day of school. Hangover is just around the corner and whether we like it or not, we have to face a brand new year, but Mums are having problems: “How do i get my kids up and about on the first day of classes for the year 2013?” Well, here are some tips. These might help you, Mums with the same problem.
1. Set their minds for the first day of classes. Mind-setting is a powerful tool to prepare the kids psychologically and be anticipating for things.
2. No more television shows the night before their classes.
3. Purchase new set of ballpen or crayons or papers – for them to get excited for their first day in school.
4. Give them a print – out of their picture taken during their holiday get-away with cousins – so they will have something to show their classmates, something to talk about. This could excite them for their first day of class.
5. Let them prepare their bags and its contents to avoid the “early-morning-rush”.
6. “Early to bed, Early to Rise” policy will definitely help. A glass of milk before going to bed may help put them to sleep early and avoiding colas, energy drinks or even chocolates – these will keep them awake all night, thus making it hard for them to get to bed early.
These tips could help us, Mums, to get them up early for their FIRST DAY of classes. Goodluck Mums! 🙂